Silent Strike Tactical Paintball
Please sign in or Sign Up
Please sign in or Sign Up
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mil Sim Paintball at its best. Located in Tampa FL, Silent Strike Paintball Club operates on the principals of the United States Special Forces.

Gun enhancments. 1430554HomeGun enhancments. 1458505Latest imagesGun enhancments. 1430542SearchGun enhancments. 1538107Gun enhancments. 1434184Sponsor PageGun enhancments. 1430919RegisterLog in
Please visit our new live chat located at the top of the page.
Donations
Latest topics
» Duncans Games Fund Raiser April 16th & 17th, 2011
Gun enhancments. EmptyMon Jan 10, 2011 3:45 pm by Duncan

» 4-25-10 Orbital pics
Gun enhancments. EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:04 pm by Maniac

» CAMP BLANDING EVENT
Gun enhancments. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:20 pm by Headshot

» DELTA FORCE FORMING NOW
Gun enhancments. EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 am by lms

» Mafia Wars II
Gun enhancments. EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 12:16 am by Headshot

» Orbital Paintball Event
Gun enhancments. EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:23 am by Headshot

» Paintball Guns up for Sale
Gun enhancments. EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 7:35 pm by Dvillan

» War Games 2010
Gun enhancments. EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:05 pm by Guest

» June 12th Gator?
Gun enhancments. EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 10:16 pm by Rabbitt

Affiliate Partner

Gun enhancments. Logo-f10

Gun enhancments. N124469173925_2912

Gun enhancments. Vzw-lo10

Friendly Teams
Gun enhancments. Index_10

Gun enhancments.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rainmaker
CWO-3 Cheif Warrant Officer

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:09 pm

Well most of us have tippmanns so something like a Flatline barrel is an option to increase your accuracy and distance. Soon ill be buying and testing the option that is available to everyone else, the APEX barrel. This device is supposed to add backspin to the ball and even allow trick shots. Ill post a review up once ive had the chance to fully test one out
Back to top Go down
Headshot
O-6 Colonel
O-6 Colonel
Headshot

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:20 pm

I will be purchasing an Apex for Field Testing Soon. Contact Spark, He already has an A5 with a Flatline.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=297817364291
Rainmaker

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Yes I may purchase a flatline for a side by side comparison of the two products. It seems that the majority of our team plays with tippmann guns do the flatline is a great option and I think half our players will actually be using flatlined. But due to certain criticism about the flatline being super picky about highquality paint I am going to test it's competition. Looking forward to it
Back to top Go down
Rabbitt
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Rabbitt

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:24 pm

I have the rap4 assault barrel on my tippmann 98. I believe it is the same barrel as the T68 Terence has and it seems pretty accurate. It also supposibly creates small cuts in the ball improving ball break.
Back to top Go down
Headshot
O-6 Colonel
O-6 Colonel
Headshot

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 12:52 pm

Yes i have the Assault barrel on my T68. I have a 14" tactical Barrel as well that allows for straight shots at up to 250ft before dropping off. VERY ACCURATE!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 4:28 pm

well ill be testing the apex tomm. lets see if i can nail some trick shots Very Happy

[img]Gun enhancments. 010[/img]
Back to top Go down
Rabbitt
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Rabbitt

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Gun enhancments. Imag0110
Back to top Go down
Rabbitt
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Rabbitt

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:18 pm

The drop forward practically renders the bipod useless for anything other than a stand.
Back to top Go down
Rabbitt
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Rabbitt

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 7:24 pm

Oh , also I need tips and suggestions for mounting my hopper to the side. Which would be best ? Perhaps a different feed neck , 45 degree adapter, or a whole hopper kit? Whichever would be best and affordable. My red dot sight wont fit on with the hopper and I would like an unobstructed view down my gun.
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 pm

they make OFFSET hopper necks, this may be something you want to look into, this way your hopper still sits upright but just out of the way. Personally, if you can afford it, Upgrade to a Cyclone Hopper System. Its the same as the a5 and the X7 / X7 Phenom. It ONLY loads as fast as the gun fires and RARELY ever breaks a ball. I cant honestly say ive ever had one break in my loader and you know i fire like crazy. Force fed hoppers are available but they are just as pricey and can break balls by FORCING them to load. Obviously the best ones dont do that often but they do require batts and they can be noisy. not something you want when being sneaky like
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:19 pm

http://www.rap4.com/paintball/os/tippmann-98-clamp-style-feed-neck

heres a link to one on RAP4, its around 30 dollars

Gun enhancments. Tippmann_Clamp_Style_Feed_Neck_Gun
Back to top Go down
Rabbitt
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Rabbitt

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:10 pm

Yeah I already have an tippmann electric hopper but its kinda big and bulky. However I dont know that I really need it or a cyclone. The fastest I wanna fire at is 3rd burst and the stock hopper seems to work fine with it. My gun has act and it seems to work really well at preventing ball breaks.
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:36 pm

well the link above was mainly to answer your questions about moving the hopper to the side, i hope it helps. If your happy with what you got i say dont change it. The worst thing is being happy, spending shit loads of money. then being unhappy.
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: apex barrel non-combat review   Gun enhancments. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 5:32 pm

Today i fired off about 500-700 rounds of paint through the APEX barrel upgrade. These shots were fired in a non-combat situation. With out a portable CHRONO i was unable to truly calibrate the barrel for optimum performance.

However, what was immediately apparent was that the range of fire was greatly increased. It is reasonable to say that the range was increased an extra 50-100 feet or MORE. I think it was MORE.

The slight incline of the weapon needed to counter the APEX's tendency to shoot at a downward angle at first, does make targeting nearly impossible any other way then watching your paintball's last trajectory. This isnt to say that you can not hit the same target area twice or quickly switch from one to the next, it just takes some getting used to.

As far as trick shots go I am sure they are possible, the curve of the ball is noticeable but the thing about trick shots is, they're tricky. So i cant speak to that aspect of the barrel just yet. But i will say there is most certainly the potential to make them happen.

To attach the APEX barrel it required some slight modification to the STOCK X7 barrel shroud as the APEX barrel is MUCH thicker then standard barrels, I do not know why this is but it may be an attempt to lower the audio report of the marker.
It was a simple enough procedure using a dremel tool kit and should not discourage anyone from getting this barrel for their own guns. (this may have been because {they are supposed to be exact matches} i used one labeled A5 as an X7 one was not immediately available)

As I stated earlier the range was significantly increased. Let me expand here. THE RANGE was increased. Accuracy at that range was variable by a, 3-4ft, window. Now that area is huge when your only talking about 50-100 feet combat zones, which on average is what youll be fighting in. Since we are talking about 150-200 feet, the distance you'll be capable of hitting, i would say its not bad at all. I think its fair to say with this barrel i could hit the fortress at orbital from the attacking start position. I may not be able to hit my target on the first few shots, but id get him long before he'd ever get a ball to roll up to my toes.

On the flip side to this, Accuracy was increased so much so that within a 75ft zone, you could land 8/9 out of 10 shots in the same 12 inches, i was able to hit the same 3 "inch" tree trunk over 50 feet away repeatedly, over and over again.

I will say that with out PROPERLY being able to calibrate the Marker/Barrel combination the initial tests are promising. Soon i will pick up a chrono and make more standardized test and truly calibrate the pair. Also i hope to field test it soon and see how its use under those situations is and whether its practical or not.
Back to top Go down
Headshot
O-6 Colonel
O-6 Colonel
Headshot

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 8:37 pm

There are Apex adapters for all barrel's on RAP4's website.

Great Review...I will show you how to do bunker shots, Draw shots and Drift shots....you can do up shots too, but not to many people hide in trees.
Back to top Go down
Rabbitt
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Rabbitt

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:15 pm

So yeah I just went to my loca pb shop today and bought the cyclone system and offset adapter which also holds an additional 50 balls, so I guess im ready to throe some heat.
Back to top Go down
Rainmaker

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 11:12 am

Nice. I think ull really like the cyclone system. Soft paddles are a good upgrade for it dwn the road. If it didn't already just come with them.
Back to top Go down
Rabbitt
E-4 Corporal
E-4 Corporal
Rabbitt

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Wow that was from my phone cause my comp was down hence the spelling errors but I think im pretty good as far as gun upgrades I cant imagine needing more firepower for my style of play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun enhancments. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun enhancments.   Gun enhancments. Empty

Back to top Go down

Gun enhancments.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silent Strike Tactical Paintball :: Forums :: Reviews-
Jump to: